Sarah and Walt’s Driveway: Lafayette, CO
- Meridith and Gary directed Under Construction for the Naropa M.F.A.
Santa Fe, NM: go see MEOW WOLF
Amarillo, TX: We stayed one night at BAR Z Winery
Oklahoma City, OK: Visited Harper’s birthparents and her birth sister. We also had a lovely visit with my Aunt Denise. Ah yes we had engine trouble on our way out of OK where we met a lovely mechanic named, Billy Ray who took us out to lunch and didn’t charge us a dime.
Little Rock, AK: We spent a lovely evening in a Target parking lot
Memphis, TN: We spent 2 amazing weeks in this city while our engine was being worked on and here is who we met and what we saw:
- STAX Museum
- Civil Rights Museum
- Bass Pro-Shop (Um, it’s in a pyramid and Harper loved it)
- Attended the Soulsville Festival
- Meridith performed with Playback Theatre West
- Harper and Meridith filmed a commercial
- Went swimming in a pool
- Made some new friends: the Sweazy family and the Murphy family! Thank you, Ondine Geary!
- Meridith recorded a VO in a pretty cool recording studio where Dolly Parton used to record
- Went to the Adventure Science Museum
- Saw a Rockabilly band at the American Legion hall
- Went to the Aquarium
- Bought Moonshine
- Went to Third Man Pressing
- Had breakfast with TJ and her family at the famous Loveless Cafe!
- Had a tour of Mammoth Cave
- We had a lovely visit with Emily and Tara
- Saw Dracula at the Actor’s Theatre of Louisville starring Randy Rand!
- Visited with the Grime family and the Grundei family
- Ate Cincinnati Chili
- Saw our friend, Ben!
- Saw A Curious Incident of a dog in the nighttime at the Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park and had drinks with Ben and Nick
- Went to the Underground Railroad Museum
- Stayed in a Cracker Barrel parking lot and had lunch with a new friend named Paul.
- Went to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and road a train!
- Went to Martin Luther King Jr’s house
- Laura Dern smiled at Harper
- Gary and Meridith got haircuts
- Stayed in Stone Mountain Park
- Missed out on a bunch of stuff because our engine wouldn’t start— and then it did!
- Stayed at the Visitor Center downtown
- Visited SCAD
- Took a long walk
- Took a trolly ride
- Had a wonderful time with the Knudsen family on Tybee Island! Thank you, Emily K. Harrison!
- We needed one thing from IKEA and we got it
St. Augustine, FL
- We stayed in a funky little RV park by the ocean. GORGEOUS! Not the RV park, the ocean.
- Meridith taught an improv workshop for Amy Angelilli’s awesome crew of talent.
- Ate yummy dinner at Harry’s
- Stayed in a beautiful spot next to the ocean
- Ate a lot of seafood
- Stayed in the luxurious Walmart Parking lot
- Taught a super fun improv workshop for No Bears Allowed at Florida State!
- Meridith taught another improv workshop for the awesome folks with Bay Area Improv!
New Orleans, LA
- Went to see an indie film at Music Box Village
- Reunited with our friend Mike
- Met new friends, Martha and Lola
- Went to the horse races on Thanksgiving Day
- Ate beignets
- Did an oyster shot
- Went to Story Land
- Walked a lot and hung out in the French Quarter
- Listened to music. Lots of music
- Walked around old town
- Went to a fun outdoor venue
- Met a family at the bar who were very cool (there is a story here)
- Stayed at our friend Buzz’s house
- Saw the movie Coco
- Visited Galvastin, TX
- Went to The Alley to see A Christmas Carol
- Went to the Vet and made sure Burrough’s and Millie were good to go to cross the boarder!
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon MX
- Stayed at the Bahia Escondida Resort and RV park. It was beautiful and we had a magnificent view of the lake and the dense green mountains. I would definitely stay here again. The hook-ups were ok. Low water pressure, but this is pretty typical in MX.
San Miguel De Allende, Guanajuato MX
We were in San Miguel from December 7th – January 15th and stayed at the San Ramon Hotel where they also have RV hook ups. There is another RV park in town, but these are for much smaller vehicles. We were there for 3 holidays: Christmas, New Years and Three Kings Day. I have never seen San Miguel so crowded. It was so packed! Here are some of the things we did:
- Met some lovely people who were also staying at San Ramon! We would all gather for Happy Hour around 4:30pm each day and drink Mezcal. Hard life, yes.
- We met the lovely Kelsang Chockyi who tutored Harper in Spanish
- My Mom came to visit for my Birthday!
- I turned 43!
- We met Brian and Sue from Longmont, CO and now call them our RV family! Here is their blog! They were so generous and taught us a lot about Mexico. This was their 11th year touring Mexico in an RV and we feel super blessed to have met them. Not only did they help us with grocery shopping and taking us to fun places but Brian also helped fix our exhaust pipe that we lost somewhere in Monterrey!?
- We visited with our friends over the holidays from Marin.
- We had a lovely day at the lake with our friend Xolox drinking beer, playing music and taking photos.
Guanajuato City, Guanajuato MX
Cholula, Puebla, MX
Mexico City, MX